Hello! My name is Hunter Berry, and I'm a 1L law student at Vanderbilt University.
Recently, I graduated from Berry College with a double major in Cyber-Security Law and Political Science, and a minor in Economics. I was a member of my school's Model UN team, the president of the Honor's Student Union, a research assistant, a software developer, and much more. At Vanderbilt, I hope to study cyber-law and/or national security law. Keep reading to see more about me and some of my projects.
August 2017 - December 2019
- Manage the security of the college's network, including firewall management, creation of security-oriented network policies, and more.
- Oversee the college's Active Directory (AD) network, including distribution and security groups, users and emails (on the associated O365 network), DHCP, print servers, file storage servers, and more.
- Assist with a variety of on-campus technical jobs, including deploying new Access Points (AP), working with faculty and students to fix network issues, and more.
May 2019 - July 2019
- Worked with professors, graduate school students, and private sector scientists to conduct research into the possible uses of machine learning and deep learning for the cyber-security of self-driving vehicles, with a specific focus on data classification being sent to the CAN buses.
- Paper currently in the process of being submitted to the IEEE 93rd Vehicular Technology Conference, which can be viewed in the project's GitHub repository.
May 2020 - August 2020
- Interned with The Charles Group, a government relations firm, where workload included research into both private and public sector areas of interest, meetings with clients, and weekly networking meetings.
- Participated in numerous network meetings, leadership development programs, and track-based lectures covering issues related to race, gender, economics, politics/partisanship, and more.
August 2018 - May 2021
- Created a working course scheduling system using the Django framework (Python) to host the required webserver.
- Specialized in creating the OAuth protocol for the application, using Django to allow users to connect securely to their Microsoft 365 accounts.
- Further specialized in front-end webs services, including allowing the pages to interact with custom-APIs, adding page interaction with databases, and more.
December 2019 - May 2021
August 2018 - May 2021
- Co-Presented with professor at the Association of Global Southern Studies Annual Conference. In the process of publishing a paper.
- Currently conducting research on the statistical patterns and possible correlations between countries and their respective incarceration rates, specifically for women, drug users, and violent offenders.
- Conduct study sessions for introductory comparative politics, covering topics like Polity V, political revolutions, and more.
- Work with a variety of research databases and statistical analysis programs to run regression, create data charts, and more.
May 2021 - July 2021
2017 - 2021
I am a recent graduate of Berry College, where I obtained two Bacherlor of Science degrees in Cyber-Security, a mix between Computer Science and Creative Technologies, and Political Sciences, with a minor in Economics. I completed over 159 credit hours, and had an overall GPA of 3.94. In addition to classes, I also worked as a Presidendtial Ambassaor for the school, and competed with the Mock Trial, Model UN, and Forensics teams. I was also a part of the Leadership Fellows scholarship, the senior class treasurer for the Student Government Association, and the president of the Honors Student Union. More about my leadership roles, jobs, professional memberships, and awards can be seen in my CV or LinkedIn.
2013 - 2017
Harlem High School
In highschool, I graduated third in my class with a 4.0. I particpiated in a variety of clubs throughout high school, including the Drama Club, where I was President, the Student Council, where I was treasurer, Beta Club, National Honor Society, and quite a few others. I was also a part of the Columbia County Youth Leadership Board and the Goodwill Youth Leadership Board, where I served as the treasurer.
- Dean’s List [2017 – Fall, 2018 – Spring, Summer and Fall, 2019 – Spring and Fall, 2020 – Spring, Fall]
- Leadership Scholar – The Fund for American Studies 
- Dean’s Scholar – Berry College [2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021]
- Outstanding Delegation – National Model United Nations Conference (NMUN) 
- Outstanding Position Paper – National Model United Nations Conference (NMUN) 
- Lambda Sigma
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Association of Global Southern Studies
- Phi Sigma Alpha
- Omicron Delta Epsilon (pending induction)
- President | Treasurer | SGA Rep: Berry College Honors Student Union (facilitate events for HSU, work with directors to assist in program enrollment and requirements, etc.)
- SGA Class Treasurer: Sophomore Class, Junior Class, Senior Class
- Vice President | Treasurer: Mock Trial Team (cofounded during sophomore year with a group of pre-law students).
- Leadership Fellow: (scholarship program at Berry consisting of leadership training, volunteer services, and more, awarded to ~10 incoming freshmen every year. 4-year program).
- Treasurer | President Omicron Delta Kappa
- Committee Member: Student Affairs Committee, Planning Committee, Budget and Finance Committee, Enrollment Management Committee
- General Memberships: Model United Nations, Collegiate Leadership Competition, Forensics Union, Casual Coding
- Elements of Computing Systems
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Problem Solving & Abstraction
- Artificial Intelligence
- Research Methods
- Programmable Logic Controls & Advanced Robotics
- Constitutional Law: Civil Rights and Liberties
- Economic Analysis of Law
- Media Law
- Economic Problems and Public Policy
- Web Technologies
- Physical Computing and Embedded Systems
- Labor Economics
- Legal Environment of Business
Berry College, Rome, GA